Tag Buttons

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Portfolio 3 Researching

The workflow i'm thinking of doing goes like this:

  • User creates floorplan of city in black and white

  • Using the texture to geometry function in maya I create a plane with topology reflective of image




  • Then using the displacement to geometry function I bring out each block to create the bounding boxes for each building



  • From here I extract out each building from the mesh (only the buildings are raised in Y, can use that to find a way to extract just the buildings)
  • I now have a bounding box for each building
  • I pull from a library of modular assets and create each building within the bounding box 
    • Each one consisting of the main walls, awnings, stairways, decorations, etc

No comments:

Post a Comment